11487 89 Ave, Edmonton
The University of Alberta’s Arts Building was officially opened on October 6, 1915 by Alberta’s first Lieutenant-Governor, G.H.V. Bulyea. The building was designed by the architectural firm of Messrs. Nobbs and Hyde of Montreal. The contractors were George Fullert and Company. The building is one of Edmonton’s finest examples of the neo-classic style of architecture. Originally the Arts Building contained lecture rooms, laboratories, administrative offices and a convocation hall.
The preservation of this historic structure has resulted in more than a functional building in that the Arts Building also serves as a link between the University’s past and present.
- Edmonton Historical Board
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award