10230 97 Street, Edmonton
Also known as Central Dry Cleaners.
This building was initially a residential home of John Campbell (1909), William Cornelius Woods (1910) and M. H. Graf (1911). It was later turned into a commercial establishment with John Knisley Painter (1912-1913) and Bon Tin Turkish Baths (1914-1916) operating in the building.
In 1920 the Central Cleaners was offering its clothes cleaning services. Information about the owner is not known. However, the business was renamed Central Dry Cleaners in 1925 and the proprietor was Mah Wing Yew.
In 1933, Charlie Mah Yet assumed the dry cleaner as the new owner. Charlie (Charles) Mah Yet was the father of Edith Mah, who rented an apartment next door to her father’s dry cleaning business around the mid-1940s at 10234-97 Street (see Central Block Building). Central Dry Cleaners was in operation at this location up to the 1950s.