Collège Saint-Jean

8406-91 St (Rue Marie-Anne Gaboury) NW, Edmonton

Sur cet emplacement, en 1910, le Collège Saint-Jean ouvrait ses portes pour la première fois à Edmonton.  Depuis sa foundation à Pincher Creek, l’année précédente, par les Oblates de Marie-Immaculée, le Collège est devenu un centre de la culture française en Alberta.  Son niveau académique universitaire, dans toutes les disciplines, fut reconnu lorsqu’il fut déclaré Faculté de l’Université de l’Alberta en 1977.

On this site in 1910 Collège Saint-Jean opened for the first time in Edmonton.  Established the previous year in Pincher Creek by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, the College has since become recognized as a focus for French culture in Alberta.  Its high standards in all fields of learning were affirmed by its recognition as a Faculty of the University of Alberta in 1977.

-Edmonton Historical Board

Designation & Awards

Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award

Add a comment

Era: Urban Growth
Themes: Education
Cultural Groups:
Area: Southeast

  • 15
    • 53.521488 -113.468378