10122 97 Street, Edmonton
This building was initially a wholesale clothing store owned by William Volansky from 1916- 1919. Podersky & Co. Ltd. Auctioneers occupied the building from 1921-1922 before Rex Billiard Parlor business set up shop in 1923. In 1925, the billiard parlor moved three doors south to 10114 97 Street. It was there for only one year. Ho Yuen Café assumed the premise in 1953. The café owner may have been one Mah Tong Su who lived next door in 10124 97 Street. His name appeared in the same year as Ho Yuen Café in the directory and it was common for Chinese business owners to reside in the same place or next to their business.