9688 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton
In 1882 the Jasper House was erected on this site by James Goodridge. It was the first building in Edmonton to have solid brick walls with the brickwork being done by William R. West in 1884. The hotel underwent numerous renovations and changed owners several times. Between 1900 and 1910, Leonard A. Goodridge, son of James Goodridge, managed it. The name was changed in 1920 to the Empress Hotel and in 1940 to the Hub Hotel.
- Edmonton Historical Board
See photos of the original Jasper House Hotel at Fort Edmonton Park.
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award