10236 97 Street, Edmonton
Also known as Hong Sing Laundry.
For three short years, from 1909 to 1911, Kwong Ying Laundry was located on 320 Namayo Avenue (or 10236 97 Street). In 1912, it become Hong Sing Laundry and offered laundering services to the community until 1924.
After Hong Sing Laundry left in 1925, the building was vacant up to 1934. In 1935, it was occupied by York Barber Shop, and the following year it become York Confectionary. Irene’s Korner Lunch occupied it next in 1941, Meat Exchange in 1943, Market Exchange in 1944 and Quong Hsung Yew Grocery establishment was in the premise starting in 1949.