10516 – 82 Avenue, Edmonton
In a building acquired for $800 on property now known as 10516 – 82 Avenue, south Edmonton’s first public school opened in 1892 with John Walter as chairman and J.V. Kildahl as secretary. In 1894 Niblock Street School at 105 Street and 84 Avenue was built to supplant it.
-Edmonton Historical Board
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award