9520 111th Avenue, Edmonton
On this site, on February 15, 1909, the present Norwood School was officially opened to replace the two frame structures which had been the Norwood School since 1906.
Originally, this red brick Renaissance-style structure had 10 classrooms for its 400 students. The architect, R.W. Lines, is recognized as having been one of the foremost members of his profession. His skill resulted in a building that is not only functional and durable, but attractive as well.
The dedicated teachers of Norwood School continue to maintain a tradition of implementing innovative courses for the many special programs at the school.
-Edmonton Historical Board
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award