Jasper Avenue & 103 Street, Edmonton
Reed’s Bazaar opened on Jasper Avenue in November of 1905 selling tea, coffee, candy and household supplies to early Edmontonians. By 1913 Reed’s was specializing in fine china, glass and silverware and had changed its name to Reed’s China and Gift Shop.
From 1917 until 1965 Reed’s was located in this area of 103 Street and Jasper Avenue.
In 1985, when Reed’s marked its 80th anniversary, it was the second-oldest continuing retail business in the city of Edmonton.
-Edmonton Historical Board
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award