10425 - 84 Avenue, Edmonton
South Edmonton's first separate school (site)
In 1895, under the supervision of the Sisters Faithful Companions of Jesus, classes commenced in a portion of St. Anthony’s Church, but before long were transferred to a new building on this site.
Although new buildings were constructed, this site remains St. Anthony's School.
-Edmonton Historical Board
See photos of the original St. Anthony's Church & School at Fort Edmonton Park.
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award