10105 - 96 Street, Edmonton
The first St. Barbara’s Russian Greek Catholic Orthodox Church in Edmonton was a two-storied house consecrated on this site by Reverend James Korchinsky and Reverend Michael Skibinsky on May 18, 1902. Over 60 people attended this service. It was replaced by a wooden structure in 1908 and consecrated by Archmandrite Arseny. It was used until 1958, when the present building was completed to become St. Barbara’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral on August 8, 1959.
- Edmonton Historical Board
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award
Era: Urban Settlement
This comment has been removed