St. George’s Anglican Church

11733 87 Avenue Northwest, Edmonton

St. George’s Anglican Church was planned to serve both the parishioners of Windsor Park and University of Alberta students. There were several ‘moves’ before the first sod was turned as local residents objected to one location and the City had other plans for another. The City suggested the final location at 11733 87 Avenue, the deeds were signed and the new building opened its doors on December 18, 1955.

Add a comment

Era: The Post-War Years
Themes: Religion
Cultural Groups:
Area: Southwest

  • 15
    • 53.522690 -113.533446