approx 88 Avenue & 114 Street, University of Alberta, Edmonton
In November 1927 St. Joseph’s College, an affiliate of the University of Alberta, moved into this building. Agreed upon in August 1921 by Archbishop Henry J. O’Leary and University President Henry M. Tory, the University’s Catholic College has since served the University and members of various beliefs in the Alberta Community. It has promoted academic excellence and an understanding of all tenets of the Christian faith.
-Edmonton Historical Board
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award
Era: The War Years
Themes: Education, Religion