10909 96th Street Northwest, Edmonton
St. Stephen the Martyr Anglican Church (1914) is currently the home of an architectural firm. In 1914 the congregation (then St. Paul’s) borrowed heavily to build the church but the ‘bust’ that occurred as well as the on-set of the Great War meant that the debt couldn’t be repaid. By 1922 it was necessary for St. Paul’s to amalgamate with St. Andrew’s and become St. Stephen’s under one roof (the former St. Paul’s) instead of two. The structure is a simple one with an exterior of stucco and half-timbering and an entrance foyer typical of prairie church architecture. Its collection of relics and icons is typical of its “high church” leanings.