corner of 101 Street and 100 Avenue, Edmonton
On this site stood the old Edmonton Post Office. When completed in 1910, it constituted the most impressive feature on the city’s developing sky-line. It was built of white stone from Tyndall, Manitoba, pressed brick trimmings and copper sheeted mansard roof.
The clock tower rose 40 metres above the ground and remained a familiar Edmonton landmark until it was dismantled and the building demolished in 1972.
-- Edmonton Historical Board
Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award